Nicole Skellenger joined Dempsey Law in 2019 where she serves adoption agencies, adoptive families, birth families, and adoptees. Nicole has worked in the field of adoption since 2008 holding various roles, including Executive Director of an intercountry adoption agency. Following her agency work, Nicole stepped into the role of representing agencies and individuals involved in adoption. Nicole is a licensed attorney in both Indiana and Florida and is considered an authority in intercountry adoption agency compliance matters. In 2021, Nicole became a partner of Dempsey Law, an interstate law firm. Nicole provides domestic adoption services in Florida. Nicole believes that all children are worth fighting for and are deserving of a loving permanent family.
- Florida, 2019
- Indiana, 2010
- Indiana University, Robert H. McKinney School of Law
- Doctor of Jurisprudence 2010
- Distinctions: Gold Level Pro Bono Service Award, Dean's List, Civil Practice Clinic, Disability Clinic, Phi Delta Phi Fraternity, Client Counseling Competition and Public Policy Mediation Certification.
- Maintenance & Re-Accreditation: Best Practices for the New Age, NCFA, 2018
- Harnessing Runaway Regulation & Defining the Narrative: An Orphan's Right to Permanency, NCFA, 2017
- How the Universal Accreditation Act Will Affect International Adoptions, Creating A Family, 2014