Questions For Potential International Service Providers
When you are choosing a service provider, you may look for good communication, transparency and experience. As you ask questions from potential agencies near your Charlotte home, you may feel more comfortable with attorney guidance.
Dempsey Law has handled numerous domestic and international adoptions and can provide you the support you need throughout the process of choosing a service provider, filling out United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) forms and obtaining citizenship for your child once he or she is adopted.
What Information Should I Know About A Service Provider?
You may have many questions for your international service provider. Before you choose an organization to work with you and your lawyer in facilitating the intercountry adoption of your son or daughter, you have the right to ask questions pertaining to the following information:
- How many eligible children are awaiting adoption?
- What are the terms of the organization’s written service contract?
- What is their experience working with the country from which you would like to adopt?
- Is the service provider accredited by the Hague Convention?
- What are their international adoption policies and procedures?
- Is the agency licensed in North Carolina?
- How many placements do they facilitate each year?
As both an international adoption lawyer and adoptive parent, Ms. Dempsey can assist you in choosing which service provider you would like to work with as you expand your family.
Receive Help In Choosing A Service Provider
If you are seeking to expand your family through the process of international adoption, Dempsey Law can help. You may arrange an in-person consultation or email the firm for more information about adoption eligibility requirements, LGBT adoptions and for resources following your adoption. Call the firm at 704-251-2500 today.